Resident
Reaction score
Where do i get mercury fulminate?

UWe9o12jkied91d

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
Deals
If you are in the EU I have in stock mercury II acetate and mercury II oxide, works the same as chloride for amalgam.Or metallig Hg if you prefer.

TotalSynthesis

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
i've never seen anybody selling readily available explosives.
Precursors, ok, but when selling explosives, law enforcement will invest a ton of money and energy to track the seller as well as buyers

smokeyltda

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
I think the only way to get mercury fulminate is by making it yourself. However, mercury fulminate is dangerous and sensible explosive, you can lose fingers, eyesight and on top of that getting mercury intoxication, so be aware.

NileRed made a video on making mercury fulminating by reacting concentrated nitric acid and elemental mercury, them reacting with absolute ethanol.

TotalSynthesis

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
our uncle actually wrote a book about this kind of stuff: Uncle Fester's Home Workshop Explosives ....

attached below

Attachments

• 4PHh8JK9Zr.pdf
    500 KB · Views: 832

drZarah

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
You can easily synthesize it. Basic inorganic chemistry.

Never to sleep

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
I highly advise anyone against shipping mercury(II) fulminate. It is highly sensitive to friction and can explode readily during shipping. If you really want it synthesize your own in a controlled setting. Explosives are no joke and especially this one. Like others have said it should be covered in Uncle Fester's book Home Workshop Explosives.

Just in case you got confused and wanted to make a mercury amalgam - for that this compound is not of much use. You should instead go with either mercury(II) chloride or mercury(II) nitrate.:

React mercury with concentrated nitric acid (68%+) until decomposition and evaporate at ~102 °C afterwards for the nitrate salt. For the chloride salt heat the dry mercury(II) nitrate at ~250 °C until it turns to mercury(II) oxide (orange/red color). Cool to room temperature, react with concentrated hydrochloric acid and evaporate to yield mercury(II) chloride.

Bear in mind that heating any mercury based compound might release toxic fumes due to sublimation.

cokemuffin

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
Not sure why someone would want mercury fulminate, but besides the guess that you saw it in breaking bad and thought "where do i get mercury fulminate" i don't get why you'd want it. If it's because of that stay away from it, explosives shouldn't be handled without the needed knowledge and this one ain't even a safe one just to begin with.