Question the paste didn't precipitate, it just turned blue, what could be wrong?

tucoXxX

Don't buy from me
Solutions
Reaction score
a vessel p2np , nabh4, cucl2 ---> a oil

I made two syntheses over the weekend. I followed everything step by step. Today I wanted to try it out (acetone and sulfuric acid). After adding sulfuric acid, the mixture just turned blue and the reaction stopped. What could be the problem? Has something similar happened to anyone?

Attachments

• p4IcZaBETo.jpg
    p4IcZaBETo.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 106
  • RgpZE1PFw7.jpg
    RgpZE1PFw7.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 87
  • 8dgFuH2lrX.jpg
    8dgFuH2lrX.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 81
  • jTbL1qYyED.jpg
    jTbL1qYyED.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 91

btcboss2022

Don't buy from me
Resident
Solutions
Reaction score
Deals
Im sorry but honestly I cant help you it could be a lot of different things and all reagents and steps should be clearly explained to see if any mistake has been done.
About pics I dont seebñ anything blues but would be something related with the cucl2 but Im not sure.

tucoXxX

Don't buy from me
Solutions
Reaction score
I followed the description here. observing exactly everything. Ipa evaporates, I pour out a mixture from rotovap, the oil starts to freeze, a change takes place: there is no smell of alcohol, but it will be in a jelly state. I understand that the free base needs alcohol to precipitate.

tucoXxX

Don't buy from me
Solutions
Reaction score
I didn't sleep all night. what my friend wanted to collect was 2 x 1 liter of oil, it did not contain IPA or other alcohol products. the IPA was completely evaporated (rotovap). I did it so that the oil does not smell of alcohol. in both cases he tried to precipitate it without alcohol. he used this: 2 liters of acetone, 1 kg of caffeine, about 50-100 ml of oleic acid. there is still half a dose of organic layer 6 liters. Ipa) base mixture. take 1 liter from it and start the process to extract it. it should work......I'll write later what happened