Mcat synthesis issues #2

MasoN

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
Hello again to the experts, friends and all chemists
I have posted a threat about my problem with the yield which it was not more than my finger tip size, and some nice guys gave me some advice and tips, and I considered them.
So this young chemist repeated the synthesis with his broken hand :) and got to the same issue, but enjoyed sharing more details for you comrades hope to solve the riddle:)
My scale was

-25g propiophenone

8nEA6CWws2

-50 ml of a diluted Hbr (that i had made it via 20g KBr in about 70-80ml Distilled water, adding 15ml H2SO4 dropwise, freezed the solution to divide the side-products, then heated to evaporate then got the distilled solution contain Hbr.)
-15ml H2O2 35%
-75ml DCM
-12g Na2CO3 in 250ml DW(distilled water)
-35ml Methylamine 40% aqueous solution
-25ml HCl 14% solution (I got that from diluting 10ml HCl 38% in 15ml DW)
-another 10ml DCM and 20ml Water contains 0.5ml HCl

Now the process:
1. Adding propio to the flask, adding Hbr solution, then adding H2O2 dropwise in about 40min while the solution was being stirred in room temperature
MIqWleFcjG

2,3. Adding DCM, and washing it to neutralized(for washing i transfer the reaction mixture into the decanter, after that i pour it back into the flask.)
VtYRETpL8z
R6mPvlEpcq

4. Adding Na2CO3 solution divided in 2 portions(2x125ml), then washing it to neutralized.
Nyk0ziC92F

5. I add all the methylamine at once, put the reflux condenser, and stir it for 1.5h in room temperature.
IPX32cftvs
XCv25gIreA

5.5 I washed it 3-4 times with about 75ml DW, it was still alkaline then.

6. I added Hcl solution (i did it too fast so a lot of fog occured in the flask, next time I will handle that), stirred for 1 hour in room temperature.

HMkgNbyvVr
4UluZsmOAJ

7. I take out the dcm layer, wash it with that acidified DW i had said before. Then i mixed first and this aqueous layer and washed them with 10ml DCM.
1N0maSPiWc

8I poured the solution into a beaker and heated it until crystallization.
Loy6s35k1Y

9. Finally this is what i’ve got😑
FKMaenOQW5
LfXG7U65io
RhFMSeT6by

Please notify me!
Great love to all…

Reactions: $!$

HeavenChem

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
Your bromination process is not clear for me
On what temperature you maintained your reaction ?
How heat was maintained, only on hot plate or it was heated first and supported heat only with adding H2O2 ?