Question Ketamine hcl to powder?

jaxomo

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
I have 10ml vial of 50mg/ml ketamine hydrochloride pharmacy grade. now i want to make powder form of it can anybody help with the procedures?

alpino

See my products
Seller
Reaction score
Deals
Converting a ketamine solution into a powder form typically involves a process called "freeze-drying" or "lyophilization." This process removes the solvent from the solution while preserving the solid drug particles, resulting in a powder. Here's a general overview of how it's done:

Prepare the Solution: Start with a ketamine solution in a suitable solvent, such as water or saline.

Freeze the Solution: Place the solution in a freezer or other cold environment to freeze it. Freezing helps to solidify the solution and prepare it for drying.

Lyophilization: Transfer the frozen solution to a lyophilizer, which is a machine that removes the solvent through sublimation under vacuum conditions. This process involves three main steps:

Primary Drying: Gradually reduce the pressure and temperature to allow the frozen solvent to sublimate directly from solid to gas without passing through the liquid phase.

Secondary Drying: Further decrease the pressure and temperature to remove any remaining traces of solvent and ensure complete drying of the powder.

Final Packaging: Once the drying process is complete, the lyophilized powder is removed from the lyophilizer and sealed in suitable packaging to prevent moisture absorption.

Quality Control: Perform quality control tests, such as particle size analysis and potency testing, to ensure the powder meets the required specifications.

Storage: Store the lyophilized powder in a dry, cool environment to maintain its stability and shelf life.

It's important to note that lyophilization is a specialized process typically used in pharmaceutical and research settings.

Last edited:

jaxomo

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
What if i just put the liquid on a plate and put it in an oven?? Basically the only thing i need is to evaporate the water and get the powder so i am also unsure would it work or not