Question Do you need to provide an address to buy sudafed?

purple_rain

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
I know that you need to provide ID to buy sudafed which is fairly easy to circumvent by using a bunch of fake IDs at different pharmacies. But do they also ask for a valid address and check that the person you say you are really lives there? I don't think they would spend that much time and effort on it given how many people buy it legitimately but I heard somewhere that you also need to give them your address to buy it. So, is this true?

lisadrown202

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
Deleted

purple_rain

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
I meant at a pharmacy, not delivered to an address

View previous replies…

purple_rain

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
when you buy sudafed (pseudoephedrine-containing pills) at a pharmacy, do they also ask for your address upon purchase

Osmosis Vanderwaal

Moderator in US section
Resident
Solutions
Reaction score
No. Not in the US but they make you siOgYOUn for it and show your ID. A person Under federal law can purchase no more than 3600 MG in a day and no more than 9000mg in 30 consecutive days, or 7500 MG via mail. Most states have thier own laws regarding the sale of pse, some states don't allow purchase without a prescription and many states have lower amounts in the guidelines. I see Indiana allows a person . to purchase 6100 mg PER 365 DAYS. You do not have to purchase more than this amount to be scrutinized though. Pharmacies are required to turn over records via a court order OR a request from any law enforcement.