Question Crystallization of Cocaine HCL. (Help me please i am in the middle of a extraction)

MisterAnonymous

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
Hello,

I am in the middle of an extraction i know have a 5% Sulfuric Acid Solution with Cocaine Alkeloids i know the next step is oxidation but does someone know wich solvents i need to use to get nice crystal fishscale cocaine? Like this:
PUAhlKJ2VI

I heard make the cocaine base with Aceton and then do recrystallization with Diethyl Ether.

Could that be all or is there more too it ?

Please help me so I can proceed

Thanks in advance.

NobodyYouKnow

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
1) I'd use Ammonia 4% to turn to base. After crushing and water rinsing a few times heat in water to oil and cold shock then crush that up.

2) Dissolve base in 15 mL acetone per g.

3) Add 0.25 mL per g of Hydrochloric Acid 37% and 0.5 mL per g of Methyl Alcohol (aka Methanol)

4) stir for a minute then cover to keep moisture out. Let sit a few hours.

5) filter precipitate through filter and funnel. But also evap solvents that ran through funnel because you WILL reclaim more that way. There's always some water present and I'm too lazy to make anhydrous. But newly bought shouldn't have much. It's when it's been sitting 9 months and half gone you get problems.

Osmosis Vanderwaal

Moderator in US section
Resident
Solutions
Reaction score
A lot of people haven't thought this through about the water and anhydrous and acetone. Acetone DOES dissove cocaine hcl. It'll hold 1g/100ml at 20c. The amount of water that 1/2 a quart of air can hold is less than 1 drop, so you would have to open the bottle and let the acetone absorb all the moisture in the air, then exchange the air and repeat that 20 times to get 1ml of water in it. About 5 grams of molecular seive works below 0c and can dry down to less than 1 part per million over a weeks time. It's reusable, works for lots of solvents, is very good at locking water and it's cheap. 5 grams of 3A will pull 1 g of h2o