rubarzan

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
Hello, teachers, please answer. Why does morpholine hydrochloride get wet inside the sealed container? Is there a way to dry morpholine hydrochloride permanently?

Osmosis Vanderwaal

Moderator in US section
Resident
Solutions
Reaction score
Because it is hyroscopic and absorbs water You need to heat it so it releases it's water and heat up the jar if you hope it to stay dry (which is funny because it is liquid. Having an inert gas on it would help too

rubarzan

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
Helium gas is available and cheap. Please tell me the amount and the correct way to do this. Thanks

Osmosis Vanderwaal

Moderator in US section
Resident
Solutions
Reaction score
Helium is tough because it's lighter than air. You want something heavier so it falls down into the jar argon is the standard but carbon dioxide would work for $0

Osmosis Vanderwaal

Moderator in US section
Resident
Solutions
Reaction score
Just putting a couple silica packets in the oven and drying them really well (or any dessicate) and taping it to the lid would probably be enough to dry the air assuming you started with dryish morphilone

rubarzan

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
I want it to be dry when I deliver the morpholine hydrochloride powder in 500g bags to the customer. They test the product with their fingers and regret the purchase after touching the morpholine and being wet. Is co2 gas a good solution?

Osmosis Vanderwaal

Moderator in US section
Resident
Solutions
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't like when my cocaine is moist either I buy 3.5g and after leaving the bag open overnight it might way 2.75 or 3. I paid $50 or $75 for water.
If it were me, I would have it in the bags with the top open in a warm dry place for several hours. Like a cookie sheet in the oven, in as low as it goes, for a couple of hours. Another alternative is a desiccant pack. They can be $0.02 each. Made out of a coffee filter or a saved teabag. It could have rock salt Epsom salt clay from your yard, rice.... I could name at least 10 more things just put them in the oven on low or somewhere else that is warm for a couple hours so all the moisture is driven out and add them to the bags. Don't make bags on rainy days if you can help it. Check the relative humidity try to work when it's low