Question valerphenone

general

Don't buy from me
Resident
Solutions
Reaction score
can anybody recommend a supplier,maybe in united states for me please,thanks!

HerrHaber

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇬🇧
Reaction score
I strongly recommend making it yourself via Friedel-Crafts acylation of benzene with valeroyl chloride and anhydrous AlCl3... it will teach you a lot (you will need to vac distill unfortunately)... I'm sure you will find your source for the desired compound but beware of the brominated intermediate which is a hideous lachrimator (like weapon grade)... Good luck!

general

Don't buy from me
Resident
Solutions
Reaction score
oh my,thanks for speedy reply.now im scared.theres nothing wrong with being taught,but im a little overloaded on the chemistry behind what i want to syntisize;that is getting the valerphenone in its complete state.basically right now i know very very little.let me ask you this, how would one know that hes about to receive a brominated intermediate?is that particular to certain sellers of it?i may be in over my head on this,but i dont give up really anything.ok eye irritant i get that now,but im a little lost on the intermediate word use,can you please elborate.thanku.

HerrHaber

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇬🇧
Reaction score
it is far much better to buy the already halogenated stuff and move it quickly in a reactor that you seal well and then react with amine according to a method you are fond of (there are plenty to chose from)