Question methcathinone synthesis from propiophenone

loadingST

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇧🇬
Reaction score
Hello fellow researchers,

Im thinking on starting this project, but before documenting abaut it i have to chose the way i will halogenate the ketone.
The options i can chose from :

1. I/CuO - but as the iodobromopropiophenone is a liquid i may have hard time extracting/purification of the ketone which can lead to bad colored product, im thinking if i filter the Cu precipitate and react the solution with Sodium Thiosulfate will it remove the strong iodine color and do not mess with my precious Iodine atom.

2. N-bromosuccinimide/pTSA in GAA or N-Bromosuccinimide/Amonium Acetate in EtOAc the second i can obtain my bromopropiophenone ready in ethyl acetate for the Sn2 reaction.

3, Br2 in DCM - the most easy but toxic way and i dont have bromine at hand im not gona make it but still need to give money, but i have experience only with DCM in the Sn2 reaction and dont know exactly how well they reacts with EtOAc as solvent for example.

Letss see how is your opinion on the halogenation which way do you preffer, why and which one woud you use if your haloketone is liquid.
Thanks in Advance :))

sweettooth

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
look at rhodium check what is standing there further papers other methods i never saw