Question How is Meth Production Done with Medical Liquid Ephedrine (C10H15NO)?

Napoleon

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
I used the liquid directly and had problems in crystallization, it remains as water, can there be a problem in its purity or is it not possible to produce meth with the medicinal liquid ephedrine? I used the method containing red phosphorus and hydrochloric acid

Loooow

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
Hallo, von welcher Firma hast du das Produkt verwendet?
Und wie viel % Ephedrin ist in welcher Menge Flüssigkeit (Ml.) gelöst???

Napoleon

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
I bought it by bribing hospital staff. I don't know the ingredients, all they know is that it's used for patients. Is there a method where I can separate pure ephedrine?

Loooow

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
Theoretically, you only have to let the liquid evaporate so that the substance dissolved in it (ephedrine HCI) remains at the end.
As long as nothing else is mixed in!
I would let the liquid evaporate in a wide glass bowl, at room temperature, in a dark place!!!
Then you should be able to use it for iodine/phosphorus (red) reduction without any problems.
I'm a complete noob but I tried this one 10 years ago and it's pretty easy!!!
Sunny greetings and good luck

plancklong

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
Hi Napoleon,
I found this:
Ephedrine Sulphate Injection Dosage and Administration
General Dosage and Administration Instructions
Ephedrine sulfate injection, 50 mg/mL must be diluted before administration as an intravenous bolus to achieve the desired concentration. Dilute with normal saline or 5% dextrose in water.....

How much (cc) did you use? If it was like the above, you were only getting about 1/20 of what you needed for the reaction.

Like what has been said by others, pour the liquid in a shallow, flat-bottomed dish or plate and allow all the water to evaporate. Scrape up the remaining residue and weigh it. This will be the ephedrine SALT. The MW of this will be the basis for calculating the amounts of the other reactants.