Question alternatives to sulfuric acid

Mr.Magic

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
Due to the inclusion of sulfuric acid as a hazardous material a year ago, it is currently very difficult to obtain concentrated sulfuric acid.

The acid has been used during Amphetamine synthesis to neutralize the Amphetamine-base and convert it into a salt.
Are there alternatives to sulfuric acid to synthesize amphetamine freebase into salt? Or is there any other way to synthesize it myself (I'm a beginner, so if too complicated I won't do it)?

I am grateful for all constructive answers.

Mr.Magic

HairyPoppins

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
Idk would citric acid or phosphoric acid do the job?

Mr.Magic

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
I wouldn't ask if i knew the answer^^ IF it works with your mentioned answers, is the chemical reaction the same like by sulfuric acid. Any special features to look out for?

UWe9o12jkied91d

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
Deals
You can substitute with phosphoric, but the water is fucky to deal with.Citrate is possible*, idk how stable it is.Tartrates are hygroscopic, same as mandelates and ascorbates, for amphetamine at least.
If you are in the EU I have sulphuric, check my listings
Take care.

*https://www.bmj.com/content/1/4457/870

blackburn

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
@Mr.Magic

If you can buy sulfuric acid 20-50% for batteries etc, you can easily boil off the water Sulfuric acid Bp 337c Water Bp 100c

Mr.Magic

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
Since the end of 2012 you need an end-user statement for buying chemicals, which include sulfuric acid, doesn't matter in which concentration. So there is currently no way to buy it in a legal way