Question New Generation of Precursors?

CryoThio

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
I know this doesn't matter to/doesn't affect a lot of people here, but recently the DEA added a bunch of chemicals to their "special surveillance list"

Now I know this doesn't stop packages from being mislabeled, but it does add on less layer of legal protection for the home chemist if the package is seized for whatever reason.

Since, to me, legal safety comes first, second, and third, before anything else, this is devastating news.

I am wondering where you guys think the future of precursors will go?

For amphetamine, diethyl phenylacetyl malonate is still good, so no worries there. These seem to be easy to make new ones, so I'm not too worried

For mdma, that's tricky. All the glycidates are illegal now. I think 3,4 MD-APAAN will be a new avenue, as it seems one can buy 3, 4 MD Phenylacetonitrile is available.

For mephedrone, 2 iodo 4 methyl propiophenone is still lega, so that's fine. Perhaps there are other groups that can be easily added and removed from the 2 position?

Any other thoughts for other precursors?

PolandoEmingarnte

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
2chloro4metylenopropiofenone can use for 4mmc

CryoThio

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
I forgot about the chloro variety! Probably be cheaper than the iodo too. DEA seems pretty slow about changing things, so it seems the best method is to change one chemical at a time, then go to the next, ie the chloro, then the iodo, methyl glycidate to ethyl glycidate, etc.

HIGGS BOSSON

Expert
Reaction score
The precursor market can develop in two directions:
- designer precursors are complex molecules from which prohibited substances can be obtained (for example, BMK glycidate)
- synthesis of precursors from simpler legal substances (for example, 4-methylpropiophenone, which in turn can be obtained from simpler toluene)

Another option is possible, this is the replacement of final products with analogues, for example:
Methamphetamine (from phenylacetone) - 2-fluoro-methamphetamine (obtained from legal 2-fluorophenylacetone)
Mephedrone - 3-chloro-methcathinone
MDA - 4-FA (from 4-fluorobenzaldehyde)
There are many examples, and I think there will be enough ideas for circumventing the legislation for the next decade.

Constantylious777

See my products
Seller
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
Deals
They just want to have job easier I mean that have programs (you can check that they publish info like ''blabla we need some software to catalogue chemicals with description'' it means that if something is ordered they will click it and even stupidest person will known for what it is used for because all chemicals have description like ''potentially drug producing reagent'' etc