Question I need help.

lain

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇬🇧
Solutions
Reaction score
I don't have a lab, and I want to make 150ml of methanol into a gas, so what's the way I don't want to get poisoned

HIT MONKEY

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
Hi brother, I highly recommend it if you don't have a chemistry lab. Home car is the answer for you.

Mohammed_Lee

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
depending on your budget you can use the ventilators from grow tents to blow the gas outside.
Another option would be: open the windows and don't directly inhale the fume. In my opinion and if its only a one time thing: with 150 ml of Methanol you'd really really have to be unlucky or unable to harm yourselfe or others seriously.

xile

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
Methanol goes at round about 65°c from Fluid to gas. Just Google, or belive an old moonshiner.

lain

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇬🇧
Solutions
Reaction score
Finally I lit the methanol, and the solute was left

Solution

HerrHaber

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇬🇧
Reaction score
The amount you want to evaporate is dangerous and a chemist with a lab would leave the mixture outside on the window (in case the rotary evaporator is not available. Ghetto way is leaving it to evaporate OUTSIDE.

kind456

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
It's important to emphasize that working with flammable and potentially harmful substances like methanol can be extremely dangerous, and attempting to do so without proper equipment and knowledge poses serious risks to your safety and health. The procedures you've mentioned are not safe and are strongly discouraged.

Methanol is highly flammable and can produce toxic fumes when burned. Inhaling these fumes can be extremely harmful or even fatal. In addition, methanol is toxic to humans, and ingestion or skin contact can lead to serious health issues, including blindness or death.

If you're interested in working with chemicals or conducting experiments involving potentially hazardous materials, it's crucial to do so in a controlled and safe environment, such as a properly equipped laboratory, under the guidance of knowledgeable professionals. If you have a legitimate need for working with chemicals like methanol, it's best to seek appropriate training, safety protocols, and protective equipment to ensure your safety and the safety of those around you.

lain

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇬🇧
Solutions
Reaction score
2CH₃OH+3O₂=2CO₂+4H₂O