Question Help, beige amphetamine

cokemuffin

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
Hello, i made some amphetamine sulfate and it is beige colored , kinda struggling to dry it, if i take a small ammount and dry it with a hairdryer it get's white again. (Used crude sulfuric acid, neutralized between ph5,5 and 6, solvent was IPA) effects are good, definitely amphetamine. Anyone got an idea what to do, currently i'm heating it with a heating ventilator (no clue how it's called).
TWhmCNsBRe

WinterDust

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
Deals
My man,

The liquid you have in the down right corner is from the reaction, you have to vacuumfilter your amphetamine to a damp level, afterwards you pour cold acetone over it, if you don't have access to acetone ipa works just as well it just takes longer to evaporate than acetone.

The beige color is from the reaction mass liquid and oxidization.

Best

cokemuffin

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
Just bought the oil, sounds like my vendor is too lazy. Got some from another one and there the issue doesn't happen. I thought the beige color could come from ph too, but i did exactly 40ph tests for this one batch, used 200ml Oil in 600ml IPA and thinned the sulphuric acid 1 to 10 and went for ph5.50-6.00. I'm pretty sure the ph was perfect, but i wouldn't bet on it, accidentally had to much body contact with the Base and Solvent (wouldn't recommend it, baked my speed, spilled A-Base everywhere, and have no more usable towels anymore), but thanks for the advice, but had no vakuum filter and acetone with me.^^

G.Patton

Expert
Solutions
Reaction score
Deals
In case you want to get white pure amph, you can carry out acid-base extraction. At least you can filter the liquid by vacuum via Buchner funnel and wash by cold dry acetone or IPA.

cokemuffin

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
Had no equipment there, but it's already done now, threw it away. But thanks