Question Prodction of dextroamphetamine

NovartisMan

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
I have ADHD and I would like to test a new medication based on dextroamfetamine but where I live it is extremely expensive, about 600 dollars a box... I use immediate release Ritalin and the effect does not last long and I think it is not enough. I was thinking of producing dextroamphetamine myself but I don't know how feasible it is to do that and if it's much cheaper than buying it at the pharmacy. Thank you for your attention!

BrownRiceSyrup

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
the only way you have a chance is if you can get your hands on benzaldehyde and nitroethane (in the usa forget about it unless you have connections which you probably dont if your asking for help on synthesis)..... If not, its pretty much out of the question unless you want to seriously start a chemistry hobby that will cost way more than its worth, espeically with many probably failures and steep learning curve.. If you can get your hands on those two chems everything else you need will be easier to get. But at the end of the day man, if you dont have a leg up on some basic chemistry forget about it. You may be able to pull it off with one of those adhd deep dives where you get obsessed with something for a while and then move on if you can fudge some lab equipment and have solid investment capital, with precursers... but its a mother fucker of a synthesis (with 0 chem experience) if you cant get the right precursers.. and amphetamine is on the easier side.

truthfully your next best option is just to buy a bunch of amphetamine from someone here, $600 will get you fucktons more in clandestine amphetamine than you could ever hope to buy from the pharmacy. One gram of amphetamine is x50 20mg doses of adderal. Itll likely be racemic, but if theres one thing you could probably pull off from where you are now its probably the resolution of the amphetamine you buy here into its dextro form... that would be your most reasonable and practical starting point...

NovartisMan

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
I live in brazil, i dont know how easily i can find the precursors of amphetamine synthesis and Ritalin synthesis( methylphenidate). Do you have in mind how much cost to have a basic lab only to produce tiny ammounts?

BrownRiceSyrup

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
well, look at it like this. Making any drug is actually fairly easy if you have the ingredients more than anything. The correct equipment is second because if you can find the chemicals, then you can make the adderal with a few glass jars and coffee filters. If you dont have all the ingredients, thats when it starts to gets hard and this becomes a very long complicated project

Because youre in brazil i have no idea how hard it would be to get the chemicals you need. But you have a decent chance because youre not in the united states, but youre still in a developed country which may have made an effort at blocking access to all chemicals to make drugs...

your main focus like i said already is to look for the chemical called "benzaldehyde" and also for "nitroethane"... if you can find and order this you can do this pretty easily without buying any lab equipment. The lab eqiupment you'd need to make benzaldehyde and nitroethane is pretty extensive....

if you cant find these you can still order them and import them from other countries, mainly china. China will send you anything. Europe also has a few countries that doesnt care if you have access to these chemicals. Like czech republic for example. Thats a common one. The only hurdle with this now is importation with your country's customs. Maybe they care about importing drugs and have an agency to detect illegal importations. Because it is chemicals and not drugs that you are importing, you have a better chance here. The sender can also label the chemicals wrong if you ask them sometimes. That can help getting it into your country. This is how you can get in trouble though. so this step needs much thought

if you make this project all about finding the right chemicals this will actually be fairly easy. The reason to buy any lab equipment is for making chems you cant buy.
you can do this in a jar if you can get the following chemicals.

-Benzladehyde
-Nitroethane
-Sodium borohydride (might take some work but relatively easy)
-Ammonium acetate (possible to get, its not illegal for anything. What is more ideal is the chemical called cyclohexylamine or n-butylamine which are a bit harder to find. But any of these will work)
-99% isopropyl alcohol (easy)
-Sodium hydroxide (easy)
-Sulfuric acid (easy)
-Copper sulfate or copper chloride (easy)

i might be missing something, and if i am its something insignificant.... The major stuff is accounted for... It can be that easy..... With work and lab equipment you can make any of the above chemicals except for the sodium borohydride. If you cant find that, there are easier alternatives...you can use mercury metal, which i avoid, but there is a process using a nickel chloride (easy to find) and zinc powder (also easy to find). but you have to learn how to do a reduction process here instead of just mixing chemicals.. but thats ok it can be done..

HIT MONKEY

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I have a question.Does anyone know how to replace amphetamine sulfate powder=>methamphetamine hydrochloride?Thanks for everyone's comments.