Easiest Way To Synthesize Mescaline HCL

lazarus

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I'm a very amateur chemist who has been doing a fair amount of research (along with my friend who is an experienced chemist) into synthesis of mescaline hcl. Can anyone point me in the direction of a relatively simple (and safe) way to synthesize this compound?

Thanks

CryoThio

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
If you had done your research, you would know the answer to this....

I'll still tell you what a 5 minute Google search would have told you...

3, 4, 5, trimethoxybenzaldehyde to 3,4,5, trimethoxynitrostyrene, 3, 4, 5 trimethoxynitrostyrene to mescaline.

How you get to these I will not electorate on, as you can find that through Google and this website

Rabidreject

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
Using a primary amine and nitromethane, correct? Oh and then whatever you use to reduce it with…
The question I am after is, what primary amine do most people start with?? I saw a synth on here that uses cyclohexylamine…is there an easy to acquire way of obtaining this or can It be replaced with another is it ‘aliphatic’amine? Or something like that. From what iv read there are two types and I always say the wrong one but yeh.
I am looking to do this also but already, of course, knew the info you said. It’s more the ins and outs…for me at least and I don’t even consider myself amateur standard at chemistry lol

Rabidreject

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
Oh also sorry to reignite such an old thread

CryoThio

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
I don't know the yields, but I'm fairly sure one can use methylamine for the catalyst, which is convenient since it also requires nitromethane, which you can use to make methylamine.

Rabidreject

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
Okay that’s useful to me. Nitromethane is hard for me to obtain and so I can’t say i would waste it by using it to make methylamine, however, I have seen a synth from firefighters that looks fairly appealing to me, in terms of OTC-ness.
To be fair; having looked into it I could probably actually just make cyclohexylamine and even have the Zn coming - and I actually just ordered the NiCl(II) as well, 🤔 about it….
Probably would get better yields this way - pretty much throughout from synthesis of the primary amine/ catylist if I used cyclohexylamine.
Others have suggested using ammonium acetate as the catylist as well…
I don’t know which way I will swing, it depends how much nitromethane I end up with. I do actually have some nitroethane now though so I’m getting there slowly but surely - setting up my next RXN in terms of aquisition of precursors.
ATM I’m working on the reductive amination of tryptamine to tryptophan but I’m out of cash and need dry ice.
I’m willing to admit i postponed me working in the n,n-DMT synth, so I can afford bits for the next one.
A week today, I get the ice…dry ice that is not any type of speed lol although I suppose in the end I will also make the corresponding TMA

• Free product samples

Testing products from new vendors and manufacturers.

Get free samples for testing now!

• Always stay in touch with BB forum. Element/Matrix.

Connect notifications to always stay in touch with the forum!

Connect